The closing date for applications for the 2023/4 school year is November 26th.
Terence MacSwiney Community College
Hello and Welcome to the Terence MacSwiney Community College website.
Our College, which is situated on an 11 acre site on Hollyhill, was opened in March 1980 and dedicated to the memory of Terence MacSwiney, the Cork born playwright, author and politician who was elected as Sinn Féin Lord Mayor of Cork during the Irish War of Independence in 1920.
Our mission is to foster learning, and to guide and nurture all of our students in a caring environment.We aim to fulfil this mission in a spirit of collaboration and partnership with all members of our school and local community.
Terence MacSwiney Community College provides a full range of subjects at Junior and Leaving Certificate levels for the young people of Knocknaheeny and the surrounding area.
Terence MacSwiney Community College has been to the forefront of developing and implementing new programmes in response to local needs. Currently the Junior Certificate Schools Programme (JCSP), Transition Year Programme (TY), Leaving Certificate Applied Programme (LCA), and Leaving Certificate Established (traditional Leaving Certificate) are available to second level students enrolled at the College.
In March, inspectors from the Department of Education and Skills did a Whole School Evaluation of Management, Leadership and Learning. The school got an outstanding report. The main findings are as follows:
- The quality of management and leadership, including that of the Board of Management, the Principal and Deputy Principal, and middle leadership, is very high.
- The support structures that are provided for students are excellent.
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment ranged from very good to good with examples of excellent classroom practice in evidence.
- Very positive achievements are evident in the context of the personal and social development of students as learners.
- DEIS action-planning and implementation are of very high quality and, in combination with school self-evaluation (SSE) initiatives, inform very advanced levels of school development planning.
Read the full report here: http://tmscc.ie/whole-school-evaluation-report-march-2017/
Browse through our website and email or phone the College if you have an enquiry about enrolment.
We would be delighted to hear from you!